Chapel of the Holy Cross Luggage Sticker

 Item#: GB0026
Options:
    Size(s)
    Shape
Rectangle
   change
    Caption (optional, add $2)
Price:
$6.99
Quantity:

Share This: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Pin It on Pinterest Share via Email

The Chapel of the Holy Cross is a Roman Catholic chapel built into the mesas of Sedona, Arizona, which was inspired and commissioned by sculptor Marguerite Brunswig Staude. Richard Hein was chosen as project architect, and the design was executed by architect August K. Strotz, both from the firm of Anshen & Allen. The chapel is built on Coconino National Forest land; the late Senator Barry Goldwater assisted Staude in obtaining a special-use permit. The construction supervisor was Fred Courkos, who built the chapel in 18 months at a cost of US$300,000. The chapel was completed in 1956.

Photograph by Grant Brummet Photography, text from Wikipedia by Bryant, Kathleen (2002). Sedona: Treasure of the Southwest. Flagstaff: Northland. p. 40. ISBN 0-87358-818-5.